What We Believe
- We believe in sola Scriptura, that is, Scripture is the sole infallible rule of faith for the church. Scripture is sufficient above all things, hence the ultimate authority and starting point for all areas of life and theology (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 3:16).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Eternal God, Creator of all things. He is of the same substance (homoousios) as the Father. The Word became (egeneto) flesh. "Perfect in Godhead and also Perfect in manhood; very God and very man" (Chalcedonian Creed) (Jn. 1:1; Col. 2:9; Tit. 2:13; Heb 1:3).
- We believe the biblical and historical doctrine of the Trinity as delineated in the Athanasian Creed: "We worship one God in trinity, and trinity in the unity, neither confounding the Persons nor dividing the substance..." One Eternal God revealed in three distinct, coequal, coeternal Persons (Mt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; Heb. 1:3).
- We believe God the Holy Spirit empowers the church for works of service (Acts 1:8).
- We believe in Original sin, which is the result of the first sin in the Garden. The unregenerate man is dead, morally corrupt, incapable of saving himself (Ps. 51:5; Rom. 5:12; 8:18-24; Eph. 2:1-10).
- We believe in the atonement by means of one sacrifice on the cross. Christ, by His obedience and death, did fully discharge the debt of all those that are thus justified, and provided the propitiation of their sins on their behalf (Rom. 8:32; Heb. 10:11ff). The righteousness of Christ is imputed to the sinner, whereby he is justified before God (Rom. 4:4-9).
- We believe God saves infallibly. Salvation is solely by grace alone through faith alone and by Christ alone. Man can only be regenerated by means of the Holy Spirit. He can never merit or add to his justification. Christians are credited as righteous through faith alone. They are completely justified in Christ Jesus. Justification is a one time declaration, sanctification is ongoing in the believers life. Works are the fruit of salvation (Jn. 6:37-44; Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8).
- We believe that Jesus Christ was physically resurrected (1 Cor. 15:3ff.).
- We believe in a literal Hell (Mt. 25:46; Rev. 14:10,11).
- We believe that the church will be raptured to be with the Lord forever (1 Thes. 4:14-18).